DigiLocker: A major project of Digital India, the government of India’s flagship program to create a knowledge-based society and economy in India, is DigiLocker.
DigiLocker, which is aimed at the concept of paperless governance, is a platform for the digital issuance and verification of papers and certifications, doing away with the need for physical documents. https://digitallocker.gov.in/ is the address for the DigiLocker website.
Benefits to Citizens
- Important Documents Anytime, Anywhere!
- Authentic Documents, Legally at Par with Originals.
- Digital Document Exchange with the consent of the citizen.
- Faster service Delivery- Government Benefits, Employment, Financial Inclusion, Education, Health.
Benefits to Agencies
1. Lower Administrative Expenses: This goal is to achieve paperless government.
2. By using less paper and reducing the verification process, it lowers administrative overhead.
3. Provides trustworthy issued documents thanks to digital transformation. Issued Documents are retrieved in real-time from the issuing agency and made available through DigiLocker.
4. Secure Document Gateway: With the approval of the citizen, it serves as a platform for the secure exchange of documents between trusted issuer and trusted Requester/Verifier.
5. Real Time Verification: After receiving user agreement, this feature offers a verification module that enables government organizations to validate data directly from issuers.
6. Your DigiLocker on mobile devices now allows you to view your papers and certificates.
DigiLocker, often known as a digital locker, gives users access to legitimate virtual documents. Your driver’s license, PAN card, voter ID, insurance paperwork, and other papers can all be kept there.
The documents can be uploaded and safely stored once you create a DigiLocker account. Your Aadhaar number is linked to a specific cloud storage area that you obtain.
The digital locker promotes the exchange of e-documents between government departments and helps to eliminate the need of physical documents by providing a way to verify the “authenticity” of the papers online.
Benefits of DigiLocker
Benefits to customers include cost savings, a cessation of customer complaints about the non-delivery of policy copies, quicker insurance service response times, quicker claims processing and settlement times, a decrease in disputes and frauds, etc. A few other advantages are:
Important papers can be saved at any moment, from any location.
Legally equivalent to originals, documents can be legally authenticated.
Sharing documents with others is simple.
Delivery of government benefits, employment, financial inclusion, education, and health services more quickly.