The Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator can be used to determine a person’s age-adjusted BMI and corresponding weight status.
To convert units into either US or metric units, use the “Other Units” option or the “Metric Units” tab for the International System of Units.
Notably, the calculator also determines the Ponderal Index in addition to BMI; these are covered in more detail below.
Based on height and weight, the BMI calculates a person’s leanness or corpulence and attempts to quantify tissue mass. It is frequently used as a broad indicator of a person’s body weight in relation to their height.
According on the range the value falls within, a person is classified as being underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese based on the value received from the BMI calculation.
These BMI ranges are sometimes further broken down into subgroups like severely underweight or very severely obese, depending on variables like geography and age.
Even though BMI is a flawed indicator of a healthy body weight, it can be used to determine whether further testing or treatment is necessary. Being overweight or underweight can have major negative impacts on one’s health. View the various categories that the calculator uses depending on BMI in the table below.
BMI table for adults
Based on BMI readings, this is the recommended body weight for adults by the World Health Organization (WHO). Both men and women must be at least 18 years old to use it.
What is BMI Calculator?
1. BMI Calculator is free app that allows you to monitor BMI and percentage of fat in your body.
2. Ideal weight – app calculates the ideal weight you should gain.
3. To calculate it app uses the D. R. Miller formula.
4. Body fat percentage is estimated from BMI by formula derived by Deurenberg and co-workers.
5. All measurements use information about your body: gender, age, height and weight.
6. App is designed for people of different ages and supports for both metric and imperial.
7. Track your BMI and stay healthy!